I know I'm a little late to the New Year party, but I've been redesigning (read: taking apart) my blog. Anyway more on that later. So, how did we get here so fast? It literally feels like yesterday that I was noting down last year's goals! 2015 was a whirlwind. It had its ups: travel, friends' weddings, creative work, and downs: the horrible events that happened in Paris at the beginning and end of the year, and a few things going on in my personal life, but all in all it was one of my favourite years yet. I racked up 25 flights, visited 8 countries (three new: Philippines, Iceland and Zanzibar) and that's not counting the monthly Eurostar trains to London. It also helped set me up: I laid the foundations for more photography work, content creation and without trying to sound too corny, more confidence to follow my dreams.
I am a big believer in making new year objectives or goal-setting. You can call them resolutions, but rather than label them so ('resolutions' are notoriously broken after the first few weeks and therefore I'm not calling the fact that I joined the gym last week a resolution) I prefer 'goals' that are hopefully a little more achievable. Inspired by Anne of Prêt-á-Voyager, who every year picks a theme (more on that here), I've come up with a few words that will hopefully help shape my year. I couldn't decide on just one theme, so I've settled on three words: CREATE, EARN, SAVE. This new blog space is the first creation. It's going to act as an interim until I get the blog design I'm really after, but that will take the work of my website guru friend Rachelle, so this will have to do for now. Either way, I feel it's heading in the right direction. I'm also working on a new photography portfolio and I hope to be creating more posts here, focusing on interiors, lifestyle, style, and documenting further travel. And as I have a (bad) habit of spending a lot of time (hours upon hours) searching for clothes online (if you tell me what you're looking for, I can probably advise you on where to find it!) I've decided to add a Wishlist section to the homepage, so all those hours spent searching don't go to waste. Hopefully it will help inspire your future purchases.
And finally a few things getting me through the January blues:
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert & her podcast Magic Lessons, which you can find on Soundcloud.
- Not that Kind of Girl by Lena Denham - I'm officially a fan-girl after listening to her podcasts: Woman of the Hour, also on Soundcloud (thanks for the tip Meg)
- Wooly hats - the below is sold out unfortunately, but I'm also loving this and this.
- The film Joy - I urge anyone needing an inspirational kick to see this.
- Chai latte at Fragments and brunch at Pas de Loup.
- Shini's home tour - I want...everything.
- Comfy, yet sexy bras - I'm not exactly blessed in the boob department, but I'm more and more leaning towards being confident with what I've got rather than disguising them with a layer of padding. I just picked up the one above from the sale at Oysho, but I've also got my eyes on this and this.
- Jessica Comingore's creative goal-setting - lots of food for thought there and beautiful photos of her office space!
- Carin's beautiful photos of Bali here and here. I mean.. le sigh.