Photographed in West Village, New York
If you're following me on Instagram you would have seen that (bar one week in Paris a couple of weeks ago for work) I've spent the last month and a half in the US. The trip, that took my boyfriend and I through Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and California culminated in a few days in New York city. With fall fast approaching I was very happy to find the weather still in the late 20s. We didn't have much time and I came down with a horrible chesty cough, but we managed to snap these photos in West Village on our last day in my current favourite outfit. And luckily I still had a bit of a tan, to spare you from staring at white pins. (Although white boots do do wonders for your legs - making them look browner than they are!)
I'm not a fan of saying goodbye to summer, warm weather and eternal sunshine, but I am happy to welcome autumn as it entails wearing a new items and re-visiting warming favourites. I've been a big supporter of Bordeaux (colour, city and the wine of course) for a long time and think it's the perfect colour to don as the days grow shorter. Scroll down to find my favourite Bordeaux-coloured finds at the end of the article and here are a few new New York discoveries, in case you're organising a trip soon!
- Jack's Wife Freda - they do a great breakfast bowl if you're in need of something healthy!
- The Doughnut Project - I loved the blueberry & parsnip flavour (perhaps an aquired taste..)
- De Maria - I've been dying to dine at one of Camille Becerra's restaurants for a while. My friend Mia took me and the food was beyond delicious. We went for dinner, but I would recommend you go for lunch so you can see the colourful, beautiful dishes in the daylight!
- Birds of a Feather - some of the tastiest and more healthy (I didn't think that was possible) chinese food that I've had in a long time
- Roberta's - I finally made it to this great pizza spot, which is like going back in time or a different US state where life is slower and more laid-back
- Apartment by the Line - one of the most Instagrammed stores in New York, but I suggest you follow suit for some serious interior goals. When can I move in?
- Other Times
- Home of the Brave - I could have happily walked away with everything
- Swallow Café
- Mettā - I'm still dreaming about the chimichuri
- Blue Bottle Coffee
My burgundy/Bordeaux picks: