Up until a couple of years ago, before I started traveling more for my job, I used to see packing as a chore. I would more than likely throw items into my luggage, with the hope that I wouldn't forget anything - usually I would and have to buy it at vast expense at the airport. But over time I've perfected my packing skills - so I thought I would share what I included in my recent trip to Mauritius that will hopefully cut the time it takes you to fill your suitcase, inspire your packing choices, and de-stress the packing process! Especially if you are heading off to somewhere hot for Easter.
I'd love to know if you get stressed when you have to pack for the long haul or even for the weekend? And what are your packing essentials?
My top tips for packing:
1. Invest in a good suitcase, I love this Hartmann one - not only is it chic, but durable. Here's another brilliant option.
2. Plan your outfits - this will help combat any 'I don't know what to wear' thoughts
3. Pack your shoes into shoe bags so they don't dirty your clothes
4. Pack an extra couple pairs of underwear
5. If you're jetting off to somewhere hot, pack at least 2/3 swimsuits or bikinis - so one can dry after being worn
My top tips for flying:
1. Always take a big bottle of water onto the flight (they never hand out enough water on a long haul)
2. Also take on hand-cream and lip balm (these are also my every day handbag essentials). Flying is very dehydrating and your hands and lips will get noticeably dry. I love Aesop Resurrection Hand Cream and their lip balm stick.
3. Carry your cosmetics in a clear zipped bag so you don't have to decant them into a clear plastic bag and they can go easily through security
4. Take an eye-mask and ear-plugs in your carry on in case you want to sleep. If their yours you'll feel more homely and like you want to sleep. I rarely like what the airline offers.
5. Fly with a scarf, even if you're flying to somewhere hot. Flights are notoriously cold and the blanket they provide is never enough. Go for wool or cashmere - I've linked some below.
Scroll down for my top wardrobe picks for a sunny getaway! (Includes swimsuits, hats and dresses).
And here are my travel essentials for flying: