Santorini is by far the most beautiful island I've visited. In fact whilst walking around Oia, I kept repeating: 'I can't believe this place exists!' The white washed houses built into the cliffs, made brighter by the blazing sunshine are striking against the deep blue sky and sea just below. (Fortuitously I even packed to coordinate! See
.) And the odd splashes of colour - the bright blue church roofs, and buildings painted coral, pale yellow and pink are an added bonus.
- We stayed in Rimida Villas - traditional houses, right on the edge over-looking the Caldera with breakfast served on our doorstep each morning
- Get a good coffee or fresh juice at Passagio
- Dine at Dimitri's in Amoudi Bay (a 10 minute walk down steps to the water) and Skala in Oia (a tavern with a great view)
- Eat ice-cream at Lolita's (try the blueberry - I had two helpings!)
- If you can get accommodation facing the caldera, buy a bottle of wine, some nibbles and watch the sunsets from your terrace to avoid battling with selfie sticks and crowds in the town!