A little while ago, the lovely Rich and Rosa over at Cereal magazine shared a few of my Portophotos to their online journal. Porto is on the rise and one of my favourite cities (it helps that I have friends and a boyfriend from there so I've been a few times). I took these on the first of two trips this year, whilst visiting in June for a friend's wedding - hope you like the full set!
And here are a few places of note:
- Taberna do Bonjardim - great for brunch
- Book Restaurant - good for dinner or cocktails
- Livraria Lello & Irmao bookshop - the bookshop that helped inspire Harry Potter
- Piscina das Mares - in Leca de Palmeira - an incredible brutalist style swimming pool nestled in the rocks right on the beach, designed by the Portuguese architect Alvaro Siza between 1961 and 1966 - think the Barbican centre crossed with some sun, sea and sand.
- Rota do Cha - a traditional tea house, in beautiful calm surroundings
- Matosinhos for fresh fish - head to the fish market (the oldest in Portugal) and you'll find a street filled with fresh fish restaurants, all grilling fish (especially sardines) on the side of the street
Tea and cake at Rota do Cha